How long does a murder case take to appeal if possible?

Las Vegas, NV |

My brother has been in jail for almost 15 years now in the state of california. He is not found guilty therefore i want to know if i can get a lawyer in las vegas and how much would it cost.

1. Your question is a bit confusing in that you say your brother has been in California jail for 15 years but you want to hire a Nevada attorney. Also you state he was found not guilty. It might be better if you call me at my office and explain the details.

The answer above is only based upon the limited information provided. The answer is limited and my review is likewise limited, and thus the response is not intended to be acted upon as legal advice. Although licensed in numerous states, I am currently only licensed to practice law in the state of Nevada. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office. Any information provided is for discussion purposes only and there is no attorney-client relationship formed. Only general legal information is provided. Each case is unique and accurate legal advise would require review of all details and documents for each specific case. It is possible that the comments here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate.

2. Your brother can't be held for 15 years if he is not found guilty of any offense. Also, if he is in the State of California, why are you looking for a Las Vegas attorney? Give us more information and maybe we can make sense of your question.

3. It appears that the time period to appeal - 30 days from the date of sentencing to file a direct appeal - has expired.

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.