How long does a murder case take to appeal if possible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

My brother has been in jail for almost 15 years now in the state of california. He is not found guilty therefore i want to know if i can get a lawyer in las vegas and how much would it cost.

1. George G. Trachtman

2

Answered . Your question is a bit confusing in that you say your brother has been in California jail for 15 years but you want to hire a Nevada attorney. Also you state he was found not guilty. It might be better if you call me at my office and explain the details.

2. Thomas D. Boley

2

Answered . Your brother can't be held for 15 years if he is not found guilty of any offense. Also, if he is in the State of California, why are you looking for a Las Vegas attorney? Give us more information and maybe we can make sense of your question.

3. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

2

Answered . It appears that the time period to appeal - 30 days from the date of sentencing to file a direct appeal - has expired.