How long does a license stay suspended?

Myrtle Beach, SC |

I have a New York driver's license and live in NY for the past 30 years. About 15 years ago, I was driving through Virginia and was ticketed for speeding. I never answered the summons or paid the fine and received a notice from Virginia that my license was suspended for failure to pay the fine. Is this suspension still in effect 15 years later? Am I at risk if I drive in Virginia?

I know that in NYS your license would remain suspended until the ends of time, or until you pay the fines.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

Have you considered attempting to resolve the outstanding Virginia Citation issue?

No attorney/client relationship is formed between the attorney responding to this question and the individual asking the question.