How long does a K3 visa take to process?

I have married in Spain (I am from the USA) and would like to move back to the States with my Spanish wife. How long will her visa take to process?

Right now a K3 visa is taking an average of 8 to 10 months from the time of filing, to the consular interview.

It's possible that your I-130 immigrant visa petition may be approved prior to your wife's K-3 application. In that case, the Department of State will proceeed with green card processing in lieu of the K-3 visa.

Avi Friedman| Attorney at Law | Wolfsdorf Immigration Law Group | 1416 2nd Street | Santa Monica, CA 90401 | (T) 310-570-4088 x249 | (F) 310-570-4080 | afriedman@wolfsdorf.com | www.wolfsdorf.com | Offices in Santa Monica, CA and New York City

This message is provided for general informational use only and is not specific legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You may check the most recent processing guidelines for the Service Center with jurisdiction over your place of residence for Forms I-129F (K-3) or I-130 at USCIS's website: www.uscis.gov. Best of luck! For assistance in preparing a K-3 or I-130 package, please contact Amy L. Becerra, Esq.; amy@alblawoffice.com. Se habla espa~nol.