How long does a judge in civil court in texas have to respond to a motion for new trial in a SAPCR suit?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Civil motions

I filed a motion for new trial or in the alternative modification in a SAPCR suit within the 30 days I was allowed of the signing of the JMC agreement though I had sole managing conservatorship before. I filed on the basis that the primary evidence provided by the psychologist was incorrect and in fact slanderous. It had no basis in fact and had I known that this doctor was also found guilty of an ethics violation by the TExas Board of Examiners of Psychologists, I and probably the judge, would not have selected him. How long does the judge have to make a ruling on it?

A motion for new trial has to be filed within 30 days and determined within 75 days. You need to set the Motion for New Trial for hearing within the time allowed, or it will be overruled automatically.

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions