How long does a joint petition divorce take in Las Vegas?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Divorce

My wife and I both agreed to divorce and I wonder how long it will take for a joint petition divorce in Las Vegas.

A joint petition divorce in Las Vegas would take 2 weeks tops if no children are involved.

It should take no more than 2 weeks, but the judges sometimes have their own timetable.

No more than two weeks from when all the necessary petition documents are submitted.

From the time the Joint Petition and Affidavit of Resident Witness are filed (and Cope class certificate obtained, if minor children are involved), it can take anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on which department is involved.

The Joint Petition can also be filed in Nye county by mail, with the Decree of Divorce almost always obtained in less than a week. Nye county does not require the Cope class.

Is Nye county the fastest for the dovorce processing in NV? and Can I file it in there even thought I live in Las Vegas in NV?

Dennis Myron Leavitt

Dennis Myron Leavitt

Joint Petition presumes that your divorce is uncontested and both yourself and your spouse will be signing documents. Therefore, so long as you are a resident of Nevada (6 weeks) you can file your Joint Petition in Nye county. The filing fees are actually approximately $35.00 cheaper also. Regarding the fastest place to file, I don't know. People are usually satisfied that their divorce can be completed within a week by mail.