How long does a inmate have to be in jail before he is assigned a court date?

Asked over 2 years ago - Conover, NC

my son was arrested and his arraignment for one was like 8 days later, for one that is wrong i know. but then the lawyer we hired for him, said he would take and push it to superior court to keep his charges in state. so the day of his court date he did nothing the lawyer had hime sgn something and we all left my son went back to jail. he has been in there 110 days since then and his lousy attorney we hired says the DA won't turn over the discovery, or that it has been turned over to FBI. but first we were told that was why we took it to superior to keep it from going to federal. so I don't really know if FBI has took it over or if the attorney is just prolonging a court date. I feel he took our money and ran basically. but if FBI did take the case over how long do they have to turn itover

1. Robert David Richman

1

Answered . It is impossible to say what is going on based on the info you provided. If your son was arraigned in court, I would think he received at that time the next court date. Sometimes discovery does take a long time. You need to have a conversation with the attorney you hired to find out exactly what is going on. If the FBI wants to take your son's case, there is nothing your attorney can do about it. If he is charged in federal court, he will have an appearance scheduled there promptly after being charged. But meanwhile, your attorney should know when he is scheduled to appear next in state court. Get the attorney to answer your questions.