How long does a credit bureau take to reflect changes in a report?

New York, NY |

I had a creditor submit a request to delete their tradeline with Transunion today.

Wondering how long it will take for it to be reflected in my report, and that tradeline to disappear?

From the time Transunion receives the information it should be between 30 and 60 days.

The answer provided is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Pennsylvania residents may call my office for a consultation and if you reside outside of Pennsylvania you must contact an Attorney in your home State for thorough legal opinion.

2. It varies no way to predict but likely shouldn't take more than a month. There are guidelines for the dispute process for them to respond and an item to be removed. However if they agree to have the item removed your best bet is to ask them how long.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.

3. The creditor has to change its electronic record, which can take time. Once that is done, when it sends the data to Transunion (usually at the end of the month), it will get updated.