How long does a claims process in a car accident case usually take?

Houston, TX |

My wife and I were in a car accident two weeks ago, and would like to know if there's a usual amount of time we can expect to go through before the whole process is over.

.

1. Unfortunately the answer is no. It depends on damages, the adjuster, the particular insurance company, the amount of coverage, cooperation of the insured, and on and on. In Texas, the insurance company for the person that hit you has no obligation to treat you fairly or for that matter timely. I've seen to many times where the insurance company intentionally delays hoping you give up. Good luck and sorry to hear about the wreck.

2. Mr. Horowitz' response is "spot on." If your only damages are the car and no one was injured (no Bodily Injury claims) then it is usually a much faster track. Some good insurance companies can get you down the road in a few weeks, others will stall and take months. You may also have the option of making the claim on your own comprehensive insurance policy and then your insurance company will get restitution from the defendant's insurance company. This is usually much quicker.

Good luck and Godspeed!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

3. There is no real timetable for the process to take. There are time limits for the insurance company to respond, but no real time limit to finalize the process. In fact, some insurance companies try to draw things out as long as possible if you have no attorney. They hope that you will give up or miss the Statute of Limitations to file your lawsuit.

If you are concerned, it is time to hire an attorney.