How long does a attempted murder case stay open

Riverside, CA |

I was a victim of attempted murder in 1994. The detectives told me at the hospital that my younger brother did it but nobody in the family is telling. There was nothing done.

You need to check in with the detectives again and ask them what's going on.

Call 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com. I am happy to speak with you at no cost by phone on any San Diego or California matter at 619-238-1905. Thank you.

2. If it was willful, deliberate and premeditated than there is no statute of limitations, otherwise 6 years.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

3. Mr. Cernyar is correct about the statute of limitations. But this sounds like a question of whether they felt they had evidence, rather than a question about whether it is too late.

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.