How long does a attempted murder case stay open

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverside, CA

I was a victim of attempted murder in 1994. The detectives told me at the hospital that my younger brother did it but nobody in the family is telling. There was nothing done.

1. William Peter Daley

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You need to check in with the detectives again and ask them what's going on.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . If it was willful, deliberate and premeditated than there is no statute of limitations, otherwise 6 years.

3. Michael Moshe Levin

3

Answered . Mr. Cernyar is correct about the statute of limitations. But this sounds like a question of whether they felt they had evidence, rather than a question about whether it is too late.