How long does a 601 waver takes to get approved in ciudad Juarez Mexico? is it weeks or years?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Immigration

im a US citizen i have been married since 2005 and many attorney have told me that the only way to help my husband to get his green card is to do it by a consular case. i have submitted the i-130 and paid all of the fees, allong with the affidavit of support, the visa center told me that the only pending document i need to send is the DS230 and after that my application will be completed, and sent to C. Juarez where he will get interviewed but since he has been here for more than 180 days without status that his visa will be denied and that we have to apply for a waiver. I have thyroid issues, depression, and 2 kids. im very scared and i dont even want to imagine having to separate our family... how long does this process takes? any suggestions?

The Juarez website claims: "Should the I-601 waiver not be approved on the same day as its in person submission and is referred for a future and final review and adjudication, the current processing time is 13-15 months." In my experience, Juarez is taking longer than this on some cases but every waiver is different and preparation is key.

The easy waivers are decided in 2 to 3 months, but the others are shipped from Juarez to Anaheim, California and often take about one year to be decided.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration