How long do you have to wait for a final divorce decree?

Philadelphia, PA |
Filed under: Divorce

My bf has filed for divorce in Philly under 3301 d, they have been separated since 2006. He filed in June, and she has already sent her papers back in. Do you have to wait 90 days?? What is the hold up? I thought you only had to wait the 20 days from when you originally filed to file the praecipe? thanks

This was a pretty open and shut case. She signed her paperwork Aug 26. He had to confirm it was her signature and send the affidavit back. Which was done Sept 20. First I was told from that point it would take a couple of weeks, now I am being told that they can't file the praecipe for final decree until 20 days after that and then wait the 2 weeks. I keep getting different answers from the clerk, what is the actual proceedure?

The answer can depend upon the backlog in the court system and whether all of the necessary paperwork has been completed.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.