How long do you have to file a claim for wrongful death

New Carlisle, OH |
Filed under: Wrongful death

My father in law past away 6 yrs ago he had a rod put in his back,they remove it put a another one in it did not take and he did not heal he had open wounds for months they tried it again and he got a blood infection,no medicien would touch it eventulay his body became toxic and he passed, my mother in law is getting up in age and we are worried about her futher and finaces.she keeps saying we should of did somethin so just woundering is it to late.

1. Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer. Unless you act quickly rights might be waived. What state was the surgery? When did problems first arise? What was the cause of death?

You need a lawyer.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-choose-a-lawyer-for-you

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-tell-my-lawyer

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

2. If this is an Ohio case, two years. I'm afraid you may have missed the statute of limitations. However, there could be a remote possibility of extending the limitations period, but not likely in this case. A lawyer would need to know more facts.

Despite the unlikeliness of recovery, you should contact a lawyer immediately.