How long do you have to file a claim

Indianapolis, IN |

when I was 17 me and my daughter was riding on a elevator when the ceiling part fell in hit her over the head

in when we meet up with General manager of the Marriott he didnt seem concern at all but this has been years ago he never contact us at all and by me being 17 I didnt know what else to do.

How old are you now? Generally the statute is tolled for minors but once you reach 18 you don't have much time to file suit.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.

Im 25 now,so there is nothing else I can do?

AVVO is a great web site for general legal information. For actual legal advice that applies directly to you and your daughter I urge you to seek an office consultation with an experienced attorney in your jurisdiction to get beyond the couple of sentences of facts summarized here to see what can be done for you both.

Meanwhile, here is an article, linked below, on statutes of limitation:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

So there is nothing else I can do?

You should contact a local personal injury attorney. Your question requires legal advice and a discussion with an attorney familiar with your situation.

Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.