How long do you have to file a claim

Asked almost 2 years ago - Indianapolis, IN

when I was 17 me and my daughter was riding on a elevator when the ceiling part fell in hit her over the head

Additional information

in when we meet up with General manager of the Marriott he didnt seem concern at all but this has been years ago he never contact us at all and by me being 17 I didnt know what else to do.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Bret A. Schnitzer

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . How old are you now? Generally the statute is tolled for minors but once you reach 18 you don't have much time to file suit.

    You should consult an attorney in your State at once.
  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . AVVO is a great web site for general legal information. For actual legal advice that applies directly to you and your daughter I urge you to seek an office consultation with an experienced attorney in your jurisdiction to get beyond the couple of sentences of facts summarized here to see what can be done for you both.

    Meanwhile, here is an article, linked below, on statutes of limitation:

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only.... more
  3. Randall Richard Sevenish


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should contact a local personal injury attorney. Your question requires legal advice and a discussion with an attorney familiar with your situation.

    Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,652 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,652 answers this week

3,112 attorneys answering