How long do you have to appeal a divorce/custody case?

Port Leyden, NY |

I recently divorced and the custody agreement is not being upheld. I wish to appeal and would like to know how long I have to do so.

The proper method to address a violation of the divorce agreement and/or judgment is to file a motion to compel and/or for contempt.

Contact me at the link below if you wish to discuss.

www.upperwestsidelawyer.com
"My law office is in your neighborhood”ood”

You can do so at any time, through your county's Family Court.

It doesn't sound like an appeal is the right way to go. You should talk to your lawyer about starting an enforcement proceeding to compel your ex to live up to the terms of the agreement.

A notice of appeal must be served and filed within 30 days of service of the order/judgment being appealed from, plus 5 days for mailing. (In addition to the notice of appeal, there are other papers that must be filed.)

Consult an attorney to determine the best way to proceed.

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. THIS IS ONLY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES.

Child custody topics