How long do they have to hold the car before they can sell it at auction and whats the legal process in Norfolk VA

dui accident

Norfolk, VA -

Find Out More

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Best bet is to call the police department and ask

Christopher Irvin Simser

Christopher Irvin Simser

DUI / DWI Attorney - New York, NY

I agree with my colleague - speak to the police agency and find out if and when they plan to sell the vehicle.

Ethan Patrick Meaney

Ethan Patrick Meaney

DUI / DWI Attorney - Minneapolis, MN

Have you spoken to your attorney about this? If it was seized pursuant to a DUI arrest you have a legal process that you are entitled to before a seized vehicle can be sold or acquired by the state. Speak with your attorney about it. If you don't have one I would suggest contacting one without delay. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.
Scott Christopher Nolan

Scott Christopher Nolan

DUI / DWI Attorney - Fairfax, VA

Contact a local DUI attorney about this and about your DUI case as soon as possible.