How long do the police have to send you a traffic citation after the accidnet occured?

Irwin, PA |

I was in a traffic accident, I was driving, there was acohol invloved, I hit a parked car, buyt was never cited for the accident. How lobng do the police have to send me a citation or charge me with the accident

With alcohol involved, which makes it a criminal offense, the statute of limitations is two years.

Could take some time, but contact a local criminal lawyer in your city in the meantime.

Contact a local criminal attorney. Every township has different times to send out reports depending on manpower and case load.

Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Personal injury