How long do the people in the other car legaly have to seek medical attention after a minor accident.

Asked over 1 year ago - Marianna, FL

An 18 year driver with 3 other teens ran a red light an hit me. no damage to the other vehical. no injurys to any of us. exchanged info reported it after speaking to the owner of vehical (mom) a pedestrian checked if we were ok. asked for his name and #. (mom) claims we know witness. He was walking. We do not know him. now they all 4 claim they r injured. insurance co. said we r not at fault. do I need a lawyer? Also I'm disable. Mom said a # of reasons why she will sue me. crazy

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

9

1

Answered . There is no time limit. Injuries may take hours, days or weeks to manifest

A lot of precautions, except for the most important one - reporting the incident to the police. Let your liability insurer handle the matter. You may retain private counsel.

The witness is important.

2. Don Paul Harvey

Pro

6

Answered . Report it to your liability carrier and let them worry about it. That's why you have paid premiums.

3. David Irving Shiner

Pro

6

Answered . After an accident, especially if it's not your fault, you should always try to console with an attorney who practices personal injury. Most personal injury attorneys will console with you on a contingency fee basis also. It would be in your best interest at this time to seek representation. Best of luck

4. Andrew Daniel Myers

5

Answered . If the other driver ran a red light causing an accident, their claims against you are going nowhere. Make sure to report it to your insurance company, one of the things we all get when we buy insurance is a legal defense - let your insurance company do its job. Tell them everything. There's no rule about how long after an accident they can seek medical attention. But the more time that goes by, the more the insurance company will question the injury. The argument is the injuries were not caused by the accident. Here's more: BLUE LINK BELOW

5. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . There are no time limits. Your insurance carrier will give the injuries less credibility the longer the period of time before treatment.