How long do the cops have to arrest you after a search warrant was executed?

Asked 8 months ago - 32132

Only 1 gram of pot, 3 pipes & 2 undeveloped pot plants found. No grow light or distribution materials found. just personal use.

1. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

7

Answered . They have a minimum of three years but if I were you I wouldn't be waiting around for them to get to it. Instead I would have a skilled and experienced 32132 area criminal defense lawyer scouring the affidavit in support of the search warrant (which is a public record) and doing due diligence to prepare to either defend or attempt to dismiss the case.

There is simply no substitute for preparation.

In the interim, please take a look at my Avvo Legal Guide on speedy trial and statute of limitations issues in Florida. It contains a great deal of information and may be helpful to you.

Please see: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/speedy-tri...

I hope that this has been helpful and wish you the best of luck!

2. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . They have up to the time of the statute of limitations to arrest you for the crime. A SpeedyTrial time period will be triggered once you are arrested. These are all technical details and you should be sitting with a criminal defense attorney and analyzing already, don't discuss the facts of your case online. I highly recommend that you sit with a criminal defense attorney and discuss the facts of your case in person and soon.

3. Betty Elaine Jones

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. Most criminal attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Take advantage of that and sets up a consultation with an attorney near you. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

4. Mark H Randall

Pro

Answered . Only the statute of limitations. Increasingly, I am finding that the police are only interested in felony amounts so you may have been lucky.