How long do the cops have to arrest you after a search warrant was executed?

32132 |

Only 1 gram of pot, 3 pipes & 2 undeveloped pot plants found. No grow light or distribution materials found. just personal use.

They have a minimum of three years but if I were you I wouldn't be waiting around for them to get to it. Instead I would have a skilled and experienced 32132 area criminal defense lawyer scouring the affidavit in support of the search warrant (which is a public record) and doing due diligence to prepare to either defend or attempt to dismiss the case.

There is simply no substitute for preparation.

In the interim, please take a look at my Avvo Legal Guide on speedy trial and statute of limitations issues in Florida. It contains a great deal of information and may be helpful to you.

Please see: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/speedy-trial-and-the-statute-of-limitations-in-florida-courts

I hope that this has been helpful and wish you the best of luck!

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

They have up to the time of the statute of limitations to arrest you for the crime. A SpeedyTrial time period will be triggered once you are arrested. These are all technical details and you should be sitting with a criminal defense attorney and analyzing already, don't discuss the facts of your case online. I highly recommend that you sit with a criminal defense attorney and discuss the facts of your case in person and soon.

The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law Center in Miami, Florida. There is no attorney client privilege created in this communication. Do not send questions which are confidential in nature by either this venue or via email. Personal questions should be asked in person or via telephonic conference only. You should only ask theoretical questions of a general nature.

I agree with the other attorneys. Most criminal attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Take advantage of that and sets up a consultation with an attorney near you. Good luck.

Sincerely,
B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Only the statute of limitations. Increasingly, I am finding that the police are only interested in felony amounts so you may have been lucky.