How long do someon stay in jail for crimainal tresspassing?

Mckinney, TX |

i have a ex-boyfriend who in jail for crimainal tresspassing only because he was trying to come in see me in the child but now his in collin county with a 750 bond. what can happen if he doesn't come up with the money how long will he be in jail?

It is probably a class b misdemeanor which means the maximum is 6 months in jail. If it is a trespass to a habitation or shelter, it is a class a misdemeanor for which the maximum time in jail is 1 year.

If he is not bonded on a $750 bond then he is probably indigent. If he is indigent, a lawyer will be appointed to represent him. If he is a first offender, he may be granted probation. If he decides to work out the case for a final conviction, then he can be sentenced to a term in jail up to the maximum with credit for all time he sat in jail on the case.

Criminal trespass is punishable by up to 180 days in jail unless the trespass occurred in a habitation. A habitation generally means a house or apartment. If a habitation, the punishment is up to a year in jail. A person is entitled to a trial within 30 days or must be released on a personal bond.

This is intended for only general information and is not a substitute for consulting with a local lawyer. For general information on criminal questions, you can visit my website,

Agree with the above. The $750 bond strongly indicates this is a Class B misdemeanor, so the penalty ranges posted are accurate.