How long do results from bloodwork take at the State level?

Asked over 1 year ago - Homestead, PA

I was involved in an accident in November. The PSP report suspected alcohol and took this person to the hospital for a blood draw. He has yet to be charged, also this would be 2nd offense and has not completed the ARD from first offense. How long does this normally take? I just want to see justice served...and hopefully a lesson learned.

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . State Police blood test results can take several weeks. The time lapse you set forth here seems a bit extreme. You might try contacting the Trooper(s) involved in the investigation for an update.

2. Michelle A. Fioravanti

Pro

3

Answered . Definitely contact the trooper assigned to your case. Something doesn't sound right here - 4 months is way to long. I know the lab in Lima is backlogged from a case i recently handled.
    www.fioravantilaw.com
    484-876-1543
    Like me on Facebook: Law Offices of Michelle A. Fioravanti, P.C.

3. Theodore H. Swan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . The short answer is "as long as it takes". But even though the PSP lab is terribly backlogged, this seems too long. I will assume that you have a legitimate interest in this case other than as a bystander. I agree with my colleagues that if so, you should try to contact the investigating trooper and ask for a status report on the progress of the case.