How long do I have to wait for my asylum interview decision to come out?

Chicago, IL |

I had an interview on March 5, 2013. Since I have an F-1 visa, they told me that I would get the decision in my mail. I know that the decision usually takes up to 10 days. I have been waiting for over 1 month already. USCIS website does not provide asylum cases status query. I went to their main office two times, and they told me that my case was still PENDING...How is it possible? Is it because their year somehow starts in April...I heard something about it.

1. If you are in status, the wait time can be up to one year or even more. The year does not start in April.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Each service center is different with their adjudication time, so just be patient for now,

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

3. Times vary based on your location. Could be up to a year or more.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.