How long do I have to wait after someone has moved out to get rid of their stuff.

Asked over 1 year ago - Mayfield, KY

I was involved in a domestic violence incident in which both me and my ex-boyfriend were issued no contact orders. He continued staying in my home for 4 days while I was in jail without my consent. He left a lot of his belongings behind. How long do I have to wait before I can legally get rid of them? I am wanting all of his stuff gone. The charges were dropped against me.

1. Joseph Henry Sparacino

1

Answered . Make an inventory of the items he left behind. Send him a letter that he has 14 days to contact you via text message to pick up the listed items he left behind. If he doesn't text, you through it out on the 15th day. If he texts you and doesn't make the meeting to pick the stuff up; through it out on the 15th day. As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.