How long do i have to sue my privet worker disability insurance for canceling the policy after injury.

New York, NY |

they start to pay the compensation for 3 months till they said that the investigators they sent saw me on the job site working and that was not true i just came to visit my friends from work.

1. Dear Madam or Sir in New York City:

You will have a hearing in front of a Judge to present evidence on your side. You should assume they filmed whatever you were doing at the job site. You could get a letter from the employer at this job saying you were not paid and did not perform any work; if he came in person for the "Trial", that would be better.

One assumes you have a lawyer, specializing in workers' compensation who has told you all this.

Good Luck

Leonard Feld

The foregoing is based on the little information provided; additional facts may change the comments given.

2. Surely you have heard the old saying that the lawyer who represents himself, has a fool for a client. It is even more true for non-lawyers. Hire an experienced local Worker’s Compensation attorney. You will pay nothing up front, you will pay nothing additional for the attorney to represent you in the upcoming hearing, and I guarantee that an experienced Worker’s Compensation attorney will be able to negotiate more favorable settlement that you would have been able to negotiate on your own. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

3. In general there is a 6 year statute of limitations on insurance contracts and your disability insurance is a contract. If you are talking about worker's compensation benefits, that may be an entirely different matter. You should contact a Worker's Comp attorney in your area.

4. You have 2 years from the date of accident to file a Worker's Compensation Claim in N.Y.S. However, it appears you received 3 months of benefits from the compensation carrier. This advance payment of compensation tolls the 2 year statute of limitations. It is very important for you to contact a Worker's Compensation attorney regarding the timely filing of a claim. The attorney is not allowed to charge you a fee for the consultation and will only get paid should they recover money for you. Best of luck!