How long do I have to serve papers on someone after they are filed with a court

Peoria, AZ |
Filed under: Litigation

I filed papers with the court and had to have it amended and then refiled that with the courts on march 2 and my question is how long do I have to serve the other party involved?

1. Although I don't practice in your state, the standard used is "due diligence" in the attempt to serve the other party. Since your facts are not specific, I only gave you general principles of law involved.

2. If you have filed a lawsuit and need to serve a Complaint, review Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure 4 and 4.1 (and 4.2 if the parties are out of state). Normally, you have 120 days after you file a Complaint to serve it. This time can be extended by motion.

Legal Disclaimer. I am not your attorney. The only method of establishing an attorney--client relationship with me is by a retainer and fee agreement signed by me, which is not offered via this site. The information given is not legal advice and is for general information only. My answer is limited to the facts presented and may not be complete or applicable to your situation. My answer is given upon the condition that you will contact an attorney licensed in your state to receive legal advice that applies to your particular situation.

Litigation topics