How long do I have to press charges in ohio for property damage?

Asked 10 months ago - Akron, OH

My neighbor drunkenly came into my house and destroyed several items. She had signed a notarized contract stating she would pay the damages and never followed through with the payment. 3 1/2 years later I found her employer to garnish her wages but after receiving the 14 day demand she filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy so I can't do that anymore. It was 3 1/2 years ago, is it too late to press charges? The damage was around $2500.

1. Nathan Major Pieri

Answered . Do you mean criminal charges? The statute of limitations to file a criminal charge in the State of Ohio differs with the level of offense. In misdemeanor cases, the statute of limitations is two years. In most felony cases the statute of limitations is six years.