How long do i have to file sexual harassment and complaints on my previous job.?

Jensen Beach, FL |

im not sure if its sexual harassment or sexual assault. i went into work to pick up my paycheck on December 31, 2013. The owner handed it to me in his office and then pulled down my top.i have several text from him about the incident . i also have text from before that of inappropriate pictures he sent. I have a witness of other pictures he sent that i deleted. i couldnt do anything while i was working there because im a single mom. and was scared to lose my job. and now the reference they are giving on me is that i dressed inappropriate for work in short shorts and they're not that kind of establishment . and that i should get a job at hooters. i wore tan capris and pants to work with a black crew or v- neck. with a muscle shirt under all my shirts.

If he put his hands on you, this may be assault. Immediately go to the EEOC and tell them your story. I would also suggest you talk to an attorney. The idea that "you had it coming" is thankfully dying a slow death in today's world. No body deserves to be mistreated simply for trying to work. If you outfits were inappropriate, the company should have dealt with it. You have roughly one year to file (180 days plus depending on who you are filing with) so don't wait.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. I am a corporate attorney in South Carolina and cannot represent other than my employer in the South Carolina Courts. I am also admitted in Washington State with no limitations and can represent in the courts there. This is offered as information only and is in no way a solicitation of business.

That would be an assault, and you should report it to the police as well as schedule a sit-down with an employment lawyer. You should find out if others were assaulted as well.

I concur that his actions constitute a physical assault or battery and you shou8ld consider filing criminal charges and at the very least report to the police. Additionally, I would to set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Many attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. In contingency fee arrangements, there are no hourly fees. In some states attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case but in others there is a reasonable fee charged to compensate the attorney for their time and advice. I would suggest that you begin your search for an attorney on this Avvo website. There is a tab "Find A Lawyer" on the home page of Avvo at www.avvo.com that will help you find a lawyer in this practice area in your locale. Good luck!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/