How long do I have to file an L&I claim?

Puyallup, WA |

I was pinned between a fork lift and a wall in 2001 which caused irreparable damage to my spine which went un-noticed until spring of 2010. Am I still able to find compensation for damages from then?

1. The statute of limitations for filing a workers compensation case varies from state to state but, I would get documenation from your doctor stating that this was a recent discovery. Take this to a reputable workers compensation attorney and see if they can make an argument that this is a recently discovered injury.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

2. You will have difficulty since your accident was 9 years ago. Every state has a statute of limitations that require claims to be filed within one or two years of the date of accident. You can check with a lawyer in your own state for the limitations period. Perhaps there is some exception in your state.