How long do I have rights to my ex-husband's pension?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I'm currently divorced, but plan to re-marry and want to know if I will still have rights to my ex-husband's pension.

1. Sondra Ellyn Bennaeim

Answered . Remarriage should have no effect on your rights to your ex-husband pension benefits.

2. Gary Ray White

Answered . I agree with the previous answer....your remarriage should not affect your rights to a portion of your ex-husband's pension. However, this assumes that your were awarded a portion of his pension in the judgment and that a Qualified Domestic Relations Order was prepared and submitted to the administrator of the pension.

This is not intended to create, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. The answer provided is not to be considered legal advice. The answer is based upon the facts provided in asking the question. Additional or different facts could change the answer. An attorney should be consulted to obtain legal advice in order for you to understand your legal rights.