How long do I have after I sign something to change my mind

Asked over 1 year ago - Auburndale, FL

A laywer took 1000 dollars after I told him not to

1. Eric J Trabin

3

Answered . There isn't enough information in your post to properly answer your question. What were the circumstances in which the lawyer took your money? What is it that you want to change your mind about? If you signed a contract with the lawyer and it involved the payment of money, whether by a direct payment or through a trust account, then you likely can't revoke the contract simply because you regret it. It also depends whether the agreement allowed for refunds. Unfortunately, we need more information.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.
  2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

Answered . As my colleague stated, there isn't enough information in your question for us to be able to provide a meaningful response.

3. Andrew Endicott Schrafel

Answered . More facts are needed to give you a good answer, but if you feel that the attorney has done something unethical, you should contact the state bar association and file a complaint.

Assuming the attorney is in Florida that would be -
    The Florida Bar
    651 E. Jefferson Street
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300
    (850) 561-5600

En EspaƱol
    http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/0A9...