How long can they make my husband sit in jail

Manitowoc, WI |

He was arrested last year for a misdemeanor domestic violence and was put on a year probation that year will be up on the 19th of this month he got arrested for domestic violence and blew a .147 on breathalizer how long can they hold him and do they have to inform me of what's going on with us being married

If he is ona probation hold, and they are seeking to revoke him for violating the terms of his probation, they can hold until a revocation hearing is held. If he loses the hearing, or waives it, he will be held until he goes back before the Judge in the original case for sentencing, and would likely commence any sentence imposed forthwith. He may also have to deal with bond, and ultimately an additional sentence on the new case as well. P & P has no obligation to keep you informed just because you are his wife. If you are the victim in either case, however, you can contact the DA's office and assert your rights as a crime victim, which include the right to be informed. Good luck.

Manitowoc County Victim/Witness Program
Phone: (920) 683-4074
1010 South 8th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

I talked to his p o she didn't know what they were going to do. do they have to decide before his original off date

Tajara Dommershausen

Tajara Dommershausen

Yes, they will usually decide by then. But it is likely they will be revoking him as he has new charges that are similiar to what he was on for.