How long can someone do in florida for No Valid Driver License and driving while drinking and having a out of county warrant

Asked 10 months ago - 32801

the warrant was from years ago but just never turned self in got caught driving with no license and was drinking how long can some one do

Attorney answers (6)

  1. Robert Jason De Groot


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . How long? It depends upon the charges and the facts. Without knowing all of the facts and the exact charges, including what the warrant was for, we cannot say exactly. A 1st degree misdemeanor can get up to one year in the county jail. A 3rd degree felony can get up to 5 years in prison. There may not be any time that you would have to do in jail. Get counsel.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  2. Tiffany Vanessa Colbert

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It will depend on your history. Driving without a valid license carries up to 60 days in jail with a $500 fine. The DUI, if charged as a first degree misdemeanor, carries up to a year in jail and a $2,000+ fine. More time if it is a Felony DUI.

    Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss the particular facts and expectations for your case.

    For more information or to contact this attorney, visit or call 407-412-7234.... more
  3. Corey Ira Cohen


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The maximum is 60 days in jail. If you hire an attorney there is a chance the warrant can get removed

    For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or... more
  4. Justin Gary Hausler

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is unclear if the person is being held without bond. If he has an out of county warrant for a different county than the jail he is in, he won't be able to bond. I agree with my colleagues on the maximum sentences he could serve. Which county issued a warrant? Did he miss court? Has he been transported to any other county while in custody?

    Please understand that the information given is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be... more
  5. Stanley Eugene Peacock

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The charges you have mentioned may be filed as misdemeanors which may be punishable as 60 days in jail or a maximum of one year in jail. You do not state the level of punishment for the the other county warrant. When two separate counties have charges pending, an attorney may be able to negotiate a concurrent plea to all the charges. Since you are dealing with two different counties, the prosecutor or the Judge in one county my not always agree with concurrent sentences which means you could get one penalty in one county and then face a subsequent consecutive penalty in the other county. You need to hire an experienced defense attorney who practices in both county courts and give the attorney all the details for both of the cases.

    These comments are not to be construed as legal advice and are not attorney-client privileged. I suggest you... more
  6. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On this one, I agree with my colleagues on all counts.

    We need to know what the warrant is for. That is determinative.

    Second-degree misdemeanors are punishable by a maximum of 60 days in jail and first-degree misdemeanor's for a maximum of the year in jail. Third degree felonies can get you up to five years in state prison.

    In your particular question, the best answer is to immediately seek the assistance of a competent criminal defense counsel in your area that can give you a consultation, can answer the questions, and can take immediate action to help you.

    Use these resources to seek one out soon.

    Albert M Quirantes
    criminal defense trial lawyer

    The information provided is not legal advice from Criminal Defense Lawyer Albert Quirantes, or the Ticket Law... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,812 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,812 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering