How long can someone be held on pre trial house arrest for?

Greensboro, NC |

I've been on pre trial house arrest for 7 months wondering how long can someone be held on house arrest without a trial

charged with an class H felony

You can be held on HA for as long as the case is pending. If you are tired of HA, you can have your attorney file a motion to modify the conditions of your bond. If they are using HA as a substitute for posting actual cash, you probably can remove the condition and pay the bond.

The information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva is based upon the generic and ambiguous facts presented in short questions. Without a full consultation with an attorney, you should not rely upon any information presented in this forum. The intricate facts of every case are different. The information provided is not legal advice and should not be the basis of any decision without the actual guidance of an attorney. Further, any information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva should not be perceived as a willingness to represent you or actual representation. If you would like to speak with Attorney Matthew V. Silva, please call Silva and Sweet, PLLC at 910-333-9833 or visit

We need to know what kind of case you are talking about. If this is a murder case, 7 months might be reasonable. If it is a misdemeanor possession of marijuana, probably not reasonable.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. This information is intended for educational purposes only. My answering this question and your reading this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I only form attorney-client relationships upon a face-to-face meeting with prospective clients.