How long can someone be held on pre trial house arrest for?

Asked 10 months ago - Greensboro, NC

I've been on pre trial house arrest for 7 months wondering how long can someone be held on house arrest without a trial

charged with an class H felony

1. Matthew Vernon Silva

2

Best Answer

Answered . You can be held on HA for as long as the case is pending. If you are tired of HA, you can have your attorney file a motion to modify the conditions of your bond. If they are using HA as a substitute for posting actual cash, you probably can remove the condition and pay the bond.

2. C. Adam Barrington III

Pro

Answered . We need to know what kind of case you are talking about. If this is a murder case, 7 months might be reasonable. If it is a misdemeanor possession of marijuana, probably not reasonable.