How long can one CA county hold you on an out of county warrant for another CA county?

A routine traffic stop, a friend was arrested and put in San Diego central jail on Monday for a warrant in Los Angeles. he was not aware of an outstanding warrant, but they told him it was off of a previous case that he had already served time for (larceny),he was released on house arrest and I am assuming he had to report to a probation office after that , but I don't recall he did, is this why he has a warrant? bail amount is $100,000.. they said it would take la county 5 days to pick him up, he hasn't seen a judge yet, and tomorrow will be the fifth day? I need help? answers on what may happen? thanks

1. Your friend should hire a lawyer in Los Angeles to go to court with the judge that issued the warrant and request the warrant to be recalled, a new date set for your friend to appear in court and/or violation of probation. $100,000 warrant is not for violation of probation or parole as those usually do not have a bail amount but they have a hold. Once the warrant is recalled, your friend will be released and the case can be handled in Los Angeles. Attorneys cannot appear in felony cases without the clients.
    OSCAR E. TOSCANO
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Trial Lawyer

I am licensed to practice in the state of California. I handle cases from Sacramento to San Diego. I have handled cases in Federal District courts from Alaska and throughout the United States. My comments and opinions are based on California law and are based on the limited information provided in the question. Legal questions are usually fact specific and a few facts can and often does change the opinion I would give. It is better to consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction (your geographic area) and provide specific details regarding your case in private. You would get more specific advice. The contents of the conversations with your attorney are confidential and are protected from being revealed. The statements made in this public forum (AVVO) are not confidential and could be revealed. Therefore, you must be very careful in the details you provide. Do not disclose information that could be a crime or that could be used in order to prove a crime was committed. If you are in California and want to clarify any of my answers, feel free to contact me.

2. There is more to this story than perhaps your friend is telling you. The right to be arraigned within 48 hours does not apply on a probation violation, as there is no arraignment. Let LA County pick him up tomorrow and he can then see the judge who placed him on probation in LA. There is more to this story if bail is $100,000.

3. I agree with Mr. Hill. There is something else going on. Your friend needs to contact counsel. Many attorneys here on Avvo provide a free consultation.