Skip to main content

How long can my husband serve ???? Time for illegal reentry 1326 with criminal points added

Dallas, TX |

Ok here i go, My husband came here in the 80's he was arrested for a drug i don't know the name of it, he served time for that , then in 85 he was picked up for DWI, Then in 87 he was picked up for poss control substance less then 30gm. He was taking back to mexico in 87. I meet him in 1989 married him in 1996 we sent off for his papers which were denied in 2002 and he Got voluntary departer. Then he came back and Got another voluntary departer in 2010. Now ICE came to my home Oct. 11th and deported my husband and he tried to come back and was caught ILLEGAL RE-ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES. He is waiting to plea and to be sentence. I just want to have a ideal of how long he will get. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Sounds like illegal reentry after deportation, possibly for an aggravated felony. Sentence could even be as long as 20 years. Speak with a criminal defense lawyer, this is a criminal defense, not immigration matter.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. I agree with Stephen, your husband might be in for a long sentence.

    He needs to have an attorney for the plea and sentence, he should not do this on his own. There are many who handle criminal law and immigration.

    Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC,, 888-645-6272, , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. You need to talk to a Federal Criminal Defense Attorney. As of Jan 9, 2013, my firm will be handling these cases.

    This answer is for general information only and is not intended as legal advice regarding your specific situation. In order to assess your legal matter properly and obtain legal advice, you must contact an attorney directly. Provision of this general information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Federal crime topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics