How long can i stay outside on the AP? Pending VAWA. Dont want to be with husband. If rejected file for GC over here?

Asked 11 months ago - Miami, FL

I came to US 02.2012 on J1, it got cancelled. Married 08.2012. Filed papers in Dec. In 03.2013 my lawyer filed for VAWA as he is bipolar&very abusive. She is not available & there is no one else i can call.
I am in Germany since 6 wks with Advance Parole bec i wanted to get my teeth fixed. I now have to change my flight and dont remember if i can stay for 3 or 4 months?? Can somebody please tell me!
2) i found out that my husband broke all our agreements and stopped his medication+moved to another place. I dont want to get back to him but im emotionally not capable to end it!,as he keeps begging,also have no money. She said b4 that i can get rejected at the border and the VAWA will still go through and then i have the same chance to get the Greencard over here!? When do i have to be back?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . You can remain outside the US only as long as your Advance Parole is valid.

2. Levan Natalishvili

5

Answered . One of the issues with prolonged overseas stay is that you need to be in US for biometrics or RFE or interviews for I-485 should it come with short notice.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . I agree with Mr. Shusterman but you already know that since I answered your similar question in your other post.