How long can I stay in US on EAD after termination of job with pending I485?

Asked 8 months ago - Portland, OR

EAD is valid until feb 2015. I485 pending for more than 180 days.
Thanks in advance for your help!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

18

1

Answered . You can remain in the U.S. as long as your I-485 is pending. You should continue to renew your EAD.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Practically forever (just half kidding). There is no time limit. With your I-485 having been filed and pending for more than 180 days you are in great shape to "port" to another employer, as long as in the "same" or "similar" "occupation".

3. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

1

Answered . If your I-485 remains pending, you qualify to have your EAD extended. File for the extension 90 days before the current expiration date.