How long can I stay in the US after graduating college?Can I travel in andout of the US with an invalid F1 visa but valid B1/B2?

Asked 9 months ago - Bronxville, NY

I graduate in May 2014 and have a valid B1/B2 visa till 2018.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . 60 days.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

Answered . You need to change your status from F to B in order to remain past your F visa authorized time.

3. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

1

1

Answered . If you are coming back as a visitor, it does not matter that your F-1 has expired. If you want to stay in the US to travel, you can file for a change of status. However, you would need ample evidence that your intent is indeed to visit, including funds for your travel, duration of your stay and and itinerary.