How long can i spend in jail for a 3 bad checks under 200 bucks

Greenville, SC |

ive been notified by the bad check dep in the solicitor office im un employed right now and cant pay how much time can i get. i done the crime and willing to do the time for what i did. all i done was buy food for us no electronics

but the check was in my business name with my name can they just sue my old company or me

1. Up to 90 days. (30 days for each check). It doesn't matter that they were company checks if you were the person that wrote them. You may want to see if they will put you on a payment plan.

Russell Hilton
    www.rhiltonlaw.com

This answer is intended for general information only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with an attorney for detailed information as each situation may be different. Do not rely on the information given in this answer, and proceed at your own risk should you decide not to consult with a state licensed attorney first.

2. Before you plea I suggest you consult in personal one of the local criminal law attorneys who respond to your question or another listed on AVVO - many offer free initial consultations. If you can't afford one & you qualify consult the local public defender

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.