How long can I receive interview notice after fingerprint for political asylum?

Lake Elsinore, CA |

I submitted my application on Apr,16, in Los Angeles. I fingerprinted on May.16. I have not reveiced interview notice. Did my case delay? If you can help me, please give me some information. Thank you very much. My email address is hpny4321@gmail.com

It can take months, even a year, or more, before they will be able to schedule your interview.

You should meet with an attorney ... to have him/her review your application.

No offense, but, every self-prepared application that I have ever seen can be improved.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

The asylum process should move quickly but there can be delays. Your notice could come within the next several weeks or could be months as my colleague has mentioned. Your case seems to be moving through the system in a normal time frame.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

My colleagues are correct, the process varies. It could be a few weeks, a few months, and in some cases longer than that. From the information given, it appears your case is progressing normally, so hopefully your wait won't be too long. Best of luck to you.

Any and all responses to this and any other questions are intended for basic informational purposes only and are not legal advice.