How long can I idle my car in a parking lot(Wawa/711 type of store)? Any thought's, did I break any laws?

Drexel Hill, PA |

I was driving home from work and I got a phone call from my friend(my car has hands free talking system). So we engaged into a lengthy discussion. While driving home, primarily my intention was to stop at Wawa store and get something to eat. Since I was on the phone I did not want to interrupt our conversation and stopped at the store's parking lot. So it happened that I was sitting in my car and talking on the phone about a good half an hour. It happened early in the morning 12am. Parking lot was completely empty. Then somebody from Wawa came out and said that I cant idle in a parking lot any longer. My car is not diesel. I simply responded that I would shortly go to the store and buy something, but person asked me to leave. It wasn't such a big deal, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

You were making the person nervous. Your innocent behavior, to a store clerk, looks no different than casing the place. You did not do anything wrong, and nothing will come of it.

State, local, and municipal law topics

Recommended articles about State, local, and municipal law