How long can I have a visitor in my house I rent

San Diego, CA |

I recently got a 3 day notice stating my boyfriend was living with me and is not on the lease he only stays 2-3 times a week if that . I stay with him the same. he has not moved in and I don't have a lease with my landlord. In November 2012 my room mate moved out and he never had me sign a new lease. so he is stating that only my self and daughter are stated on the lease. this is inaccurate obviously since no new lease was signed. Any ways Im pissed lol. I have rats under my home my yards trashed and un safe for my child and he promised to fix it but in the past year has not. As for the rats his solution "poison them and let them die under house and leave them" this is nuts. Also infested with termites !!!!!!!!!!!He helped me out by excepting me with poor credit but im a great respectful renter we never cause any problems and now I am confused wth to do.

I just don't want to say or do the wrong thing out of anger. I am shocked he has even done this considering we always communicate. I don't know if I should talk to a lawyer about this all I didn't want to in the beginning of the rat and termite problem but looks like I need to protect myself some how

If the original lease has restrictions on how many times a week or a month you could have overnight guests, that is part of the terms of your month to month tenancy.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Landlord may make guest restrictions to prevent guest from becoming full-time residents but if the restrictions cannot be so invasive that they infringe on your privacy rights. 2-3 times a week is not a full-time resident.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

Recommended articles about Real estate