How long can I expect my license to be suspended after a 3rd DUI in California? How long before I can get a restricted license?

Huntington Beach, CA |

I moved back to Hawaii and am wondering if CA will make me go back there to go to jail also or are they open to exceptions like attending an outpatient program out here in lieu of jail. Any infomation is appreciated!

1. Unfortunately travelling to Hawaii will not make your California criminal case go away. Third time DUI’s are serious charges with a mandatory minimum of 120 days in jail. I have been successful in Orange County in getting lock down residential rehab counted towards a potion of the jail time but there is typically the need for some jail time. There is a new law regarding suspended licenses but more information would be needed to see if you would qualify. In any event you need to contact and hire a DUI attorney to assist you. Judges will be less likely to want to work with you on a creative sentence if you FTA your arraignment and have a warrant issued for your arrest.
    Robert Driessen

2. a 3d DUI is a 2 year suspension or revocation of license depending. 120 days Jail is mandatory on a 3rd time.

Edward J. Blum

DUI topics