How long can dcf keep a case open

Lakeland, FL |

I was told by my worker they can keep my case open for up to 90 days I was ok with that around the 3 mon mark she came back and rechecked over my home when she got ready to go I asked her if my case was being closed all she can say was maybe as she walked away and got in to her car 2 mons later I had cops at my door saying there were from dcf from back in march to search my home for drugs can they keep a case open 5 mon she only came to my home 2 times they also had in the report I did not want to take there drug test I was never offered one or I would of went and done it

1. I have seen them stay open for 2 years. Hang in there.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

2. I agree with my colleague but have heard even longer; please be patient.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

3. They can remain open for quite a while depending on the circumstances.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Child custody topics