How long can dcf keep a case open

Asked 11 months ago - Lakeland, FL

I was told by my worker they can keep my case open for up to 90 days I was ok with that around the 3 mon mark she came back and rechecked over my home when she got ready to go I asked her if my case was being closed all she can say was maybe as she walked away and got in to her car 2 mons later I had cops at my door saying there were from dcf from back in march to search my home for drugs can they keep a case open 5 mon she only came to my home 2 times they also had in the report I did not want to take there drug test I was never offered one or I would of went and done it

1. Carin Manders Constantine

4

Answered . I have seen them stay open for 2 years. Hang in there.

2. William Charles Rosenfelt

4

Answered . I agree with my colleague but have heard even longer; please be patient.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

3. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

3

Answered . They can remain open for quite a while depending on the circumstances.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now