How long can a warrant be out even after the statue of limitations is up?

Fort Myers, FL |

it's been three years. statute of limitations is up for the crime that was committed. can police still use that warrant to arrest you?

1. Only the accustaroy instrument must be filed within the statute of limitations. Once that is done the statute of limitations is irrelevant. This that the case in moving forward seems to be only because the defendant has absconded which is also the reason for the warrant. Yes the
    Place can certainly arrest someone on an outstanding warrant. If you believe that there are outstanding warrants against you I suggest you contact an attorney who can best assist you with this matter. Thi gs can go substantially better and easier for you if you turn yourself in. Good luck!

2. Only the accustaroy instrument must be filed within the statute of limitations. Once that is done the statute of limitations is irrelevant. This that the case in moving forward seems to be only because the defendant has absconded which is also the reason for the warrant. Yes the police can certainly arrest someone on an outstanding warrant. If you believe that there are outstanding warrants against you I suggest you contact an attorney who can best assist you with this matter. Thi gs can go substantially better and easier for you if you turn yourself in. Good luck!

3. Usually the statute of limitations does not apply. However, in Florida you have to be served and if you have been living in Florida then you MIGHT have an issue to raise. It is very fact specific so you should contact an attorney to see if it does apply in your situation.