How long can a victim take in order to make a police report of an simple assualt and terrorist threats in the state of PA ?

Somerset, PA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

my one friend ran into some bodys house to fight a kid , a gun was use to hit him in the head . he did not call the police until a week later . so my question simply is what is the time frame of something on that ? thank you

There is no "timeframe". However it's always best to contact the authorities ASAP.

http://lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com/

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

There is a statute of limitation to bring a prosecution. It is suggested that your friend contact the police as quickly as possible in order to preserve evidence and to ensure that memories are fresh.

The victim can take as long as the victim wishes to make a report in reference to a criminal matter. There is set time limit. However, the longer the wait , the less likely the DA is to prosecute.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.