How long can a victim take in order to make a police report of an simple assualt and terrorist threats in the state of PA ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Somerset, PA

my one friend ran into some bodys house to fight a kid , a gun was use to hit him in the head . he did not call the police until a week later . so my question simply is what is the time frame of something on that ? thank you

1. Robert C. Keller

2

Answered . There is a statute of limitation to bring a prosecution. It is suggested that your friend contact the police as quickly as possible in order to preserve evidence and to ensure that memories are fresh.

2. William Peter Daley

2

Answered . There is no "timeframe". However it's always best to contact the authorities ASAP.

http://lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com/

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

2

Answered . The victim can take as long as the victim wishes to make a report in reference to a criminal matter. There is set time limit. However, the longer the wait , the less likely the DA is to prosecute.