Skip to main content

How long can a US Permanent resident stay out of the country?

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Immigration

I need to know this before i travel out of the country

Attorney Answers 1

  1. It depends on the reason for travel out of the country. Typically if you will be out of the country for an extended period of time, you should try to obtain a premission to re-enter prior to leaving the USA. If you stay out of the country for more than two years without a permission to re-enter, you will have abandonned your status. Contact an attorney to discuss your specific situation as this is for general information only.

    Law Office of Guerline L. Laurore, P.C.
    Phone: (814) 260-0163
    Fax: (814) 260-0093
    I think therefore I am, I am therefore God is. Descartes

    DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an Attorney-Client relationship unless you have retained this office for legal representation.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics