How long before parole in a 15 years sentence for Injury to a Child

Pearland, TX |

My friend has signed a plea for 15 years on an Injury to child case . I was wondering how long will she be in prison before she can parole out and also is this an agg / or no agg charge does that make an difference in the matter of years she will have to be in prison.

Probably depends on whether he's a striker or not. A 15 year sentence, he probably has strike so it's 85% time.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/parole_guidelines/parole_guidelines.html

a 15 year sentence for injury to a child could be a 1st degree or a 2nd degree offense. neither is a "3g" offense, unless here was a weapon involved. However, under chapter 508 of the Government Code - the chapter controlling release of offenders on parole, a first degree injury to a child requires that the offender serve 1/2 the time sentenced before being eligible for parole, with no credit for good time. Otherwise, he is eligible for parole after 1/4 of the time sentenced, with credit for good time.