How long before parole in a 15 years sentence for Injury to a Child

Asked about 1 year ago - Pearland, TX

My friend has signed a plea for 15 years on an Injury to child case . I was wondering how long will she be in prison before she can parole out and also is this an agg / or no agg charge does that make an difference in the matter of years she will have to be in prison.

Pro

3

2. John J. Ritenour Jr.

1

Answered . a 15 year sentence for injury to a child could be a 1st degree or a 2nd degree offense. neither is a "3g" offense, unless here was a weapon involved. However, under chapter 508 of the Government Code - the chapter controlling release of offenders on parole, a first degree injury to a child requires that the offender serve 1/2 the time sentenced before being eligible for parole, with no credit for good time. Otherwise, he is eligible for parole after 1/4 of the time sentenced, with credit for good time.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

2

Answered . Probably depends on whether he's a striker or not. A 15 year sentence, he probably has strike so it's 85% time.