How long before my tourist visa expires should I apply to extend it? And what documents are needed for the extension? Thank you!

Asked almost 3 years ago - Cape Girardeau, MO

Is there anything I should pay a particular attention to while preparing the neccessary papers?

1. 7

1

Answered . Applying for a tourist visa extension is more complex than just filling out a form. You have to be eligible for an extension and evidence. Consult an immigration attorney before you apply.

2. 7

1

Answered . Pay attention to details, I would file it no less than a week before, and send certified mail. Show proof you will not need top work in the US but can support yourself and most importantly, show proof you will leave the US and intend to return home. A lawyer can help you do this properly

For more immigration information, please visit www.immigrate2usa.com

3. 7

1

Answered . Typically all extensions should be filed 90 days before the expiration of your current I-94. However the latest you can file an extension is either on or before the expiration of your current I-94.
    Caro Kinsella
    Attorney & Counselor at Law
    Law Offices of Caro Kinsella P.A.
    10 Fairway Drive, Suite 134V
    Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
    Telephone: 954-304-2243
    Facsimile: 888-312-9674
    Skype: caro.kinsellalaw
    Email: caro@ckinsellalaw.com
    Website:www.immigrationlawyerfl.com

4. 3

1

Answered . Be careful on this. Many are denied.

5. 2

1

Answered . Your answer is unclear. If you are asking about the visa stamp, when to renew it is entirely up to you. If you are asking about the I-94, you must apply for the extension before the I-94 expires.

6. 1

Answered . How long is your authorized stay? Why do you want to extend it?
    ___________________
    Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
    Atrium Centre
    4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
    Telephone: (954)434-5800
    Facsimile: (954)518-4268
    Email: luis@guerralegal.com
    Web: www.guerralegal.com