How long before a retail store should contact you about fall in there store to see how you are doing?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Marietta, GA

I slipped on some water in front of the cashiers in front of the store. I was on my way to the bathroom. cashier said are you alright I said no I'm not alright.No one would stop cashiering to help me up. When I got up by myself I had a hard time walking to hold on. One of the cashiers got some paper towels wiped up the water. and still no one offered me any help. time has passed before one women got me a chair. Then the manager came. No asked me to fill out the accitent report I said I'm not leaving until
I fill an accident report.What canI do

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jonathan P. Sexton


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . The store is not required to contact you. If you suffered injuries that required medical treatment you should contact an attorney to assist you.

  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you are waiting for the store to contact you, I hate to be the one to tell you but you very likely have a very long wait, a very very long wait. At the same time your post does not indicate whether or not you have had any medical treatment. If you have, then you should retain a personal injury attorney to pursue the claim on your behalf. If you have not had medical treatment, there is no claim.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies.

  3. Nima Taradji

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Never is the answer. The store has no reason to contact you and unfortunately the law does not require them to check up on you or even to offer you any help whatsoever.

    I take it that you ended up completing an accident report- That was good.

    If you have sustained injuries, what you need to do is to get yourself to a doctor and have yourself be examined so all your injuries may be documented by the doctor. Once you have done that, you will need to go and see a personal injury attorney in your area and see if there is a case you can pursue for your injtues against the store. More you wait, harder it will be to pursue a case so you will need to move fast.

    Most personal injuries will offer you a free initial consultation without any obligation. This way you can at least get to know what is what and where you stand with the store.

    I hope this help

  4. Steven Ronald Kuhn

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you were injured and sought medical attention, you should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area and let them handle the contact with the store. Don't expect the store to contact you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,123 answers this week

2,866 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,123 answers this week

2,866 attorneys answering