How long are people kept in detention for deportation?

Monroe, WA |

We have a cousin who is in the process of being deported, and are wondering how long the detention period usually is.

1. As long as it takes, could be 30 days could be 2 years. It all depends on several factors.

2. Until the case is done. It can be from a few days to years. It depends on what is happening in the case, for example if he is fighting deportation or not, on where he is from, and on what he is charged with (decision if bond is possible or not).

Wolf W. Kaufmann
    Southern California Immigration Attorney
    www.wolfklaw.com
    951-710-3250

No client-attorney relationship is being created by this posting. Please contact an attorney with questions about your case.

3. IF he/she has a passport, it is usually pretty quick . It also depends on the country he is from

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/